Skip to main content

Celebrating All Things October

My favorite color is October. 

It's the color of seasons changing and new beginnings. It's the color of abundant life and celebration. It's the color of all things vibrant, warm, and cozy.   It's the color of pumpkin spice lattes, boots and scarves, state fairs, football, and family gatherings. It's the color of crisp, sunny days and cozy, cool evenings.

I'm so glad I was born in October. 

This month, I have been so loved and celebrated by the life-giving relationships of my family and friends.  These people have honored me in the most thoughtful ways as I enter into this new decade of life...  Birthday cake with girlfriends on a Sunday afternoon with the sound of our kids playing in the background. Pizza night with my parents over good conversation. Daddy-daughter brunch date and my first lesson in firearms at the gun range. Shopping date and girls' lunch with my Mom. Romantic Italian dinner with my favorite guy followed by a moonlit walk around the university campus. Extra snuggles with my sweet almost-2 month old. A thoughtfully planned surprise cookout with friends [which, unfortunately never actually occurred, due to a stomach virus that struck our household].  A family celebration, complete with paper airplane cards and tie dye gifts, and favorite birthday desserts. Meaningful phone calls and messages. And one of my absolute favorite birthday gifts... 30 cards from 30 friends to celebrate 30 years! Encouraging words, fun memories, and sweet sentiments fill the inside of each card that I open, one each day of this month. I will cherish these forever.






Somehow, life is simply better in October.

      




Comments