Skip to main content

Is Thirty Really the New Twenty?

Dear thirties,

I've been told that you are the "new twenties"... that life in my thirties will continue to get sweeter and life experiences will be even richer... that my family, friendships, and career will bloom into their full potential and that I will have a new perspective on my priorities.  While I am ready to embrace this new season, I am cherishing this last week in my twenties. No offense to you, thirty, but my last decade is going to be pretty hard to beat... it's been filled with some of the most incredible adventures and personal growth that I can imagine. So, before I enter into a new decade this week, I want to reflect on some of the highlights of my twenties...

Fell in love with...
God's heart for the nations
My husband
Our first baby

First learned how to...
Live on my own
Drive the speed limit
Skydive
Snowboard
Sell a house
Buy a house

Completed...
9 moves (thanks, Mom and Dad!)
Doctorate degree
Pharmacy residency
Pediatric specialty residency
First "grown up job"

Traveled to...
21 U.S. states
11 countries
5 continents
Countless Sooner football games!

Competed in...
11 half marathons
1 full marathon
2 triathlons

The last 10 years have been FULL of life, and I'm so grateful for every lesson learned, accomplishment celebrated, and opportunity I've been given. I sadly bid farewell to this decade but gladly welcome in a new season...




Cheers to you, thirty,

-L










Comments