Skip to main content

Fathers

Fathers. There is something so very special about the role of a father in a child's life that no one else can fulfill in quite the same way.  Even more specifically, there is something incredibly unique about a father-daughter bond.  I have been so blessed to grow up as a "Daddy's Girl" and have many fond memories of my wonderfully involved Dad coaching my softball team, spending hours at the kitchen table helping me with math homework, teaching me how to draw 3D images, laying outside on a starry night searching for shooting stars, and serving as my "agent" in all things relating to "grown-up stuff" such as college applications.



This Father's Day, it is surreal to be living only 5 mintues away from my Dad, after nearly 13 years of living hours and many miles apart!  I still rely on him as my "agent" for any life matters, seeking his advice on topics big and small, and even catching a ride to work with him every now and then.  It is a dream come true to see him as "Didi" to my own daughter; watching Charlotte squeal with delight as she "rides the pony" and hangs on every word her Didi says when he reads her a story.  Above all, I am grateful for a father who models the very way our Heavenly Father loves, forgives, and celebrates each and every milestone with his children. 










This Father's Day, I am also honored to have another Dad in my life... He is known as "Daddy," "Da-da," and sometimes simply "Da" to our vibrant 10 month old daughter. She, too, is a Daddy's Girl already and it brings me so much joy to see this bond forming at such a special age.  Having been raised mostly by his single mother, my dream for my husband has always been for him to have a special fatherly bond with his children. Although he would also be such a great "boy-Dad," something inside of me was absolutely elated to find out that our firstborn would be a girl and that she would know the love of her father, just as I have.  Sure enough, this man has embraced fatherhood with arms wide open.  He loves his little girl and she knows it.  This big, tough, strong guy is a loyal defender of his family, faithful spiritual leader, and strong defender. But he is also gentle, patient, goofy, and so sweet to our daughter that it absolutely melts me. Every single day.

I am beyond grateful that my perfect Heavenly Father has blessed my life so abundantly by giving me these two incredible men, both who love God first, their familes second, and are constantly sacrificing for their families.

Happy Father's Day, you two!  






















Comments