Skip to main content

One Year

Over the years, I've received many incredible gifts during the month of December…but none sweeter than this one in December 2012… my youngest nephew, Nathanael Oak!  Born exactly one year ago, I was so lucky to meet him within a week of his birth.

My sister and brother-in-law make the most precious babies, and I love the intentional process they go through when choosing a name.  You can read her beautiful description of it here.   

…they will be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he may be glorified.
-Isaiah 61:3

I've only seen little Nate in person during two visits to Oklahoma since last December, and he and his big brother are two of the biggest reasons that living across the country can be so difficult! But thanks to the invention of FaceTime, I've been able to share in many of Nate's first year milestones, and he definitely recognizes his Aunt Leigh.

Sweet Nate, I can hardly wait to hold you, hear your first words, and see your first toddling steps in person very, very soon!!! Happy FIRST birthday, little buddy.

Love,
Auntie Leigh









Comments