Skip to main content

Introducing a Purposeful Peek

Over the years this blog has been many things.

Heads Carolina, Tails Oklahoma. It started as a place to update friends and family in Oklahoma of our adventures while we were living across the country in North Carolina. It was a place where I documented our travels, gave a glimpse into our everyday newlywed life, and shared snapshots of the ways God was growing us through different seasons.

We envisioned staying in NC for many more years; however the title of the blog was somehow foretelling... we were faced with a decision of whether to remain in NC or move back to OK. Heads Carolina, Tails Oklahoma.

Back in Oklahoma, we had requests from friends in North Carolina (and abroad!) to continue writing and especially sharing photos of our firstborn! Suddenly, this blog was more for me than a snapshot of our lives to share with others, but rather an opportunity to capture memories of our growing family. It became an electronic scrapbook of sorts, with letters to our babies through months of milestones, Year in Review posts to capture annual highlights, intimate birth stories, and birthday celebrations.

There have been seasons where I blogged multiple times per week, and other seasons where I've gone nearly an entire month without writing a thing. [Recently, the latter has been the case.]  Besides having a full schedule with a new baby and a busy toddler amidst investing in a marriage and holding a career, I have been hesitant to write.  I've felt compelled to take a break from constantly putting information out into the world, and instead to take the time to be still and receive. To listen to the stirrings in my heart of where God is leading me in my marriage, my motherhood, my career.  To not feel the pressure of documenting every life moment through pictures or social media posts just for the sake of posting. To be more intentional. More purposeful.

I don't want to be another noisy voice putting content out into the internet world;  my ultimate goal is to offer a Purposeful Peek into my journey of learning to live more intentionally. For me, being purposeful still may include posting updates on my children (okay, it will include updates ; ) But I also want this blog to be heavily laced with themes of intentionality and seeing extraordinary purpose in ordinary days.

So stay awhile, come back often, and have a glimpse...a peek...into my journey as it continues to unfold.

Thanks for reading, and welcome to.... A PURPOSEFUL PEEK



Comments