Skip to main content

Charlotte Ann

My heart has never been happier!  On a stormy Monday night, August 18th at 9:50pm, our lives were forever changed when Charlotte Ann entered this world.  This sweet 7 lb 15 oz bundle of joy arrived after 28 hours of natural labor and instantly stole the hearts of everyone around her with her deep blue eyes, perfect pink lips, and head full of thick strawberry blonde hair.




As I mentioned in this post, I love learning about the significance behind names, and we wanted our daughter's name to be very meaningful...



Charlotte is a name we have always loved - classic and sweet, feminine and strong, not to mention a great Southern name! But,  it wasn't until we truly looked at the meaning of this name that we decided it was perfect for our daughter.  Charlotte is the feminine diminutive form of Charles and holds the meaning "free man" in its French origin.

Over the past year, as we had prayed for this pregnancy and endured a season of waiting, God lead us to several scriptures about freedom and redemption, two themes that became extremely meaningful for us. They reminded us to trust in Him and to find freedom in His perfect provisions.

Isaiah 43:1-2 "Fear not, for I have redeemed you. I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you walk through the waters, I will be with you.  When you pass through the rivers, you will not be overtaken.  When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze."

2 Corinthians 3:17 "Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom."



Ann is a name shared by many generations in my family, both on my mother and father's side. It is a middle name that I am proud to share with my mother, aunt, and now my daughter! Ann is a form of the Latin female given name Anna, a representation of the Hebrew Hannah or Hanani meaning "He has favored me."  Hannah was the mother of the prophet Samuel, and I share her heart of gratefulness for the prayers God answered with the blessing of our child!

1 Samuel 1:27-28 "For this child I have prayed, and the Lord has granted me what I have asked of Him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life, he will be given over to the Lord."



We stand amazed at God's faithfulness and goodness. I can't wait to share more details about our birth story and the way that this perfect, tiny human entered our lives!



[Photography by HolliBphotography.com]









Comments