Skip to main content

The Firstborn


There's nothing quite like a new baby in the family to bring a whole new dimension of pure joy, laughter, and love…there's something so special about that first born that is so unique and can never be duplicated by anyone else... ok, stop! You thought I was about to make an announcement, didn't you?! Admit it. ; )  

Well, the baby I'm talking about is my first nephew, Levi Blaze.  He literally came blazing into this world 3 years ago today and hasn't slowed down since!  He stole my heart when he made me an aunt and had me wrapped around his finger since the second I Skyped with my sister from her hospital bed only hours after he was born.  I had been up all night, waiting for news of his arrival, and cried when I met him (on camera) and learned his name.  I was blessed to fly out to visit him only 2 weeks later, and I got to help give one of his first baths, take him to get his first immunizations, and rock him all night so that his parents could try to get some sleep.

Fortunately, I've been a part of many milestones in his life, whether in person or via Facetime/Skype. And now, he's at the fun age where we can actually have a conversation on the phone, albeit a short one!


Levi Blaze, you were the first grandchild in our family and the one who officially made me an Auntie! You'll always be my little buddy, and I hope you have the best 3rd birthday today!  I can just picture you running around your backyard with balloons tied to "your very own backpack" that we got for you (on your brother's birthday, when we celebrated both of you)!

Here are some of my favorite memories with you from your first few years...

Holding you for the first time!

Giving you a bucket bath!


At the Dr's office for your first shots





Our littlest ring bearer



First Birthday!

Beach bummin' buddies on your first trip to the ocean!
Our first Thunder game!!!

Comments